Beachcamp has officially reopened its (canvas) doors and to top it off we’re offering 15% off your stay during June. We are celebrating, but the decision to reopen has not been taken lightly. The safety of our guests is our top priority and our team has been working flat out to make sure the best Fraser Island accommodation is also a Covid-safe place to stay while exploring the magical island of Fraser Island.
There’s no better tonic than the peaceful surrounds of Fraser Island to make us all feel so much better about the current crisis. We take pride in the relaxed nature of our camp. But the crucial need for stringent hygiene practices and social distancing has prompted us to change a few things in the name of guest safety and peace of mind, without compromising on comfort and a relaxed atmosphere.
- Our first step is surveying all guests upon booking. If a guest is currently sick or has been in any high risk situations, they unfortunately will not be allowed to stay with us.
- Even though we have enough space to accommodate 26, we are capping capacity at 16 guests, that’s just 4 of our 7 glamping tents occupied at any time.
- All bedding including pillows, blankets and mattress protectors will be swapped out upon check out. The bedding will also be on rotation to prevent any chance of contamination.
- The use of both our huge kitchens will be rostered around guests preferred meal times so there’s no chance of breaching social distancing rules, and enough time between meal times for cleaning.
- We will clean down kitchens between meal slots ensuring that all surfaces are wiped down including handles, light switches etc. Anything that may have been touched will be cleaned.
- Additional signage will be on display around camp to remind guests to be conscious of hygiene.
- Floors will be marked with crosses to act as a reference for social distancing.
- Soap and hand sanitiser will be available at all times.
These changes to the way we operate represent our commitment to the health and safety of everyone on camp, staff and guests alike. We’re all in this together and our combined efforts towards hygiene and social distancing will keep us all safe and well.
Second only to the health and safety of guests is our commitment to the preservation of the pristine environment of Fraser Island. The need for strict hygiene has led us to take the difficult but necessary decision to temporarily move away from a purely eco-friendly approach to cleaning and use more traditional products in some cases.
- Despite being an eco-friendly camp and on a bio treatment plant, we will be using bleach and other 99.9% germ killers to clean all bathrooms, kitchens and common areas.
- All fabrics including mattresses and tents will be sprayed down with a germ killing spray upon checkout.
We love our (friendly) creepy crawlies and hate to use such harsh chemicals but these extraordinary times call for such measures.
We will stick to the rules. Mumma Bear will be watching
Our very OCD Mumma Bear will be moving on to the island full time to ensure the highest hygiene standards are adhered to. She will be watching to make sure the best Fraser Island accommodation remains a safe place to stay along with the relaxed atmosphere we are known for.
Book now with confidence
Beachcamp is ready to welcome back guests now! We have taken every precaution to ensure our guest’s wellbeing and safety. Book now to get 15% off your stay during June and rest assured you will have a safe, comfortable stay on the most beautiful island in the world.